Friday, September 23, 2011

A Couple People on my Heart Lately

Lorenzo
Last Wednesday at Unity Park I started helping FIW (Freedom in Worship) by making hot dogs. That is when a familiar face came walking up with a big grin "Hey!" he said. I saw him the Friday before and had a brief but great conversation at the end of our time there. "Hey Lorenzo!" His eyes widened and said he could believe that I remembered his name. It meant so much to him, and after that, he made sure that he remembered mine, even saying it a couple times over. It was incredible, he just wanted to know me, what my major was, what I liked to do, what my dreams were. Then when I asked him about his life, and what he was all about, he said he told me some of his past work experience, such as being a salesman, and he now works at waffle house as a short order cook. However, his real dream is to go to school for culinary arts. That was when he showed me the flyer of the opportunity about culinary school. He was so excited about it, he was glowing. The opportunity is November 28th, so please pray for preparation for Lorenzo and for doors to open for him. Can't wait to have another conversation with this guy.

Linda
Met Linda two weeks ago at FIW. Unfortunately Linda had not had the best week, the least to say. Three days prior to meeting her, she had been attacked and beaten by four people late at night. They had beaten her so badly that she had cuts all over her face, a couple of fractured ribs, and the vandals sliced the side of her stomach. Thankfully a police officer saw that she was hurt not long after the attack and called an ambulance for her. When talking to her she had difficulty eating, talking, and breathing. However, that is not the source of her sorrow. A couple of days before being attacked, she had learned that her younger sister had been murdered. There was so much pain on her face when she talked about her sister. "It's as if someone stabbed me in the heart" trying to describe the loss that she was feeling. She said she had so much guilt about her sister dying because she had not been there for her sister that past couple of years because she had been in prison. She wanted to tell her about Jesus, and God. But she never got the chance. Please pray for Linda. Please pray that she is taken care of physically and emotionally. Please pray that God gives her peace over the loss of her sister. Please pray for continuing a strong relationship with God and divine protection.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these people. I will be praying for both of them!

    ReplyDelete