Sunday, December 4, 2011

HUMBLED

So last time that I went down to Lancaster I was talking to a man on the bus bench and had a nice conversation about his take on life, jesus, and how his day was going and before he left I prayed with him. What touched my heart after that was the man sitting next to the man that I was talking to. He held out a 5 dollar bill. He said "Here this is for you, go buy yourself a soda or something" he said with a smile. He expected nothing in return, and he was insistent on giving it to me. It was as if as I was being welcomed. He was hospitable.
Wow, a complete stranger that is homeless offered me money. And I didn't even talk to him. He was just listening to the conversation next to him. Honestly at first I didn't know what to say, I had to think what was better to do, accept it or decline it thankfully. I declined it but I made sure that his gesture was appreciated. I was shocked by this random act of kindness. One word: HUMBLED.

No comments:

Post a Comment